General conditions of sale
General Conditions of Sale (consumers)
General Conditions of Sale of the company Rémy Cointreau France Distribution, SASU with capital of 500,000 euros, registered with the RCS of Paris under number 893391805, intra-community VAT number FR49893391805, having its registered office at 21 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris (hereinafter "Rémy Cointreau").
1. Purpose and scope of the general conditions of sale
These general conditions of sale are applicable to sales concluded between Rémy Cointreau and any natural person who has reached the minimum legal age required to purchase alcohol (18 years of age in France), or legal person, acting as a consumer or non-professional, that is to say contracting only for his personal use and not for commercial purposes of resale or in a professional capacity (hereinafter "the Customer"), wishing to proceed to a purchase of products distributed by Rémy Cointreau (the "Products") via the online store accessible at the following address: www.belledebrillet.com
In accordance with Article L.3342-1 of the Public Health Code, the Customer declares to be of legal age at the time of the sale and confirms, in the case of a purchase made by a third party, that the recipient is of age.
The online sale of Products is reserved for Customers wishing to make deliveries in Metropolitan France only (Corsica included). For any request to ship these Products internationally, the Customer must contact customer service directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Order taking and confirmation
The customer who wishes to purchase Products via the Site must carry out the following steps:
- Select your Products by clicking on the desired Products and enter the desired quantity.
- Follow the steps of the order and its validation by clicking on the "order" button on the "basket" page.
- Create an account (optional) by completing the identification form on which it will indicate all the mandatory fields (name, first name, delivery address, billing address, telephone, email etc.)
- Accept the General Conditions of Sale by checking the box provided for this purpose after having read them. It is not possible to validate an order without the manifestation of this full and unreserved acceptance of the general conditions of sale specified in the context of the Site. This ticked box thus constitutes recognition on the part of the Customer of having perfect knowledge of them.
- Validate your order after checking it.
- Proceed to the online payment of his order.
Rémy Cointreau will acknowledge receipt of the order by displaying a confirmation message which will mention in particular the order number (simultaneous sending of a summary email of the order to the Customer).
Orders validated on the Site are contractually binding on the Customer and Rémy Cointreau by signing and accepting the terms of the commercial transaction carried out. Rémy Cointreau reserves the right, however, to suspend or cancel (i) any abnormally high order, (ii) any order which does not contain all of the information necessary for the delivery of the products, (iii) any order which may be issued by '' a Customer with whom there is a dispute relating to the payment of a previous order or (iv) any order that emanates from a customer who does not have the capacity to contract. In this context, Rémy Cointreau reserves the right, before confirming an order, to ask the Customer to justify his personal information. Failing receipt of compliant supporting documents, Rémy Cointreau will be entitled to cancel the order. In all cases, the Customer will be informed by Rémy Cointreau.
3. Items offered for sale
The Products are offered within the limits of available stocks. In the event of total or partial unavailability visible on the Site, please contact customer service (see article "Contact"). Rémy Cointreau also reserves the right not to validate an order in the event of such unavailability.
In the event of deferred availability of the Products beyond the delivery deadline indicated on the order confirmation, Rémy Cointreau will suggest to the Customer either to cancel his order or, within the limit of available stocks, to accept a Product of equivalent quality and price, or to wait for the availability and delayed delivery of the Product ordered.
In the event of definitive unavailability of one or more Products ordered not indicated on the Site, the Customer will be informed as soon as possible and will be able to cancel his order. In the event of cancellation of the order by the Customer, Rémy Cointreau will reimburse the sums paid with the same means of payment as that used for the order, within fourteen (14) days from the date of cancellation. .
Rémy Cointreau reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to withdraw one or more Products from sale on the Site.
- Product Description
Each Product presentation is accompanied by a description drawn up by Rémy Cointreau. The photographs have no contractual value and do not in any way engage the responsibility of Rémy Cointreau.
A change in labeling does not constitute a change in the characteristics of a Product.
4. Price and Payment
- The prices are expressed in euros (€), duties included and all taxes included (TTC) taking into account the VAT and other duties applicable in France on the day of the order. The prices indicated on the Site are therefore only valid for French residents. Any change in the rate of said taxes may be reflected in the price of the Products.
Rémy Cointreau reserves the right to modify its prices at any time, and without notice, it being understood that the price appearing on the Site at the time of the order will be that applicable to Customers.
The prices indicated on the Site do not include shipping costs, which are set according to the scale below.
Delivery method Price per order
Standard (via DPD delivery service)
8 € (free from 130 Euros of purchases)
Discounts and promotions cannot be combined with one another and are limited to once per household (same name, same address).
Promotional codes cannot be combined: only one code can be used per transaction.
- Payment for purchases at the all-inclusive price (taxes, order preparation and delivery costs) is made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) or Apple Pay.
Rémy Cointreau implements all means to ensure the confidentiality and security of data transmitted on the Site. Online payment is made through the secure payment system STRIPE (www.STRIPE.com). As an expert in payment security, STRIPE guarantees that sensitive data is transmitted and stored according to the highest security and quality standards.
To proceed with the payment of the Customer's order, Stripe will ask for the following information: indication of the type of payment card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), payment card number, its expiration date and its possible visual cryptogram by the explicit debit order from the account of the payment card holder.
The transaction is immediately debited from the Customer's bank card after verification of its data, upon receipt of the debit authorization from the company issuing the bank card used by the Customer.
In accordance with article L. 132-2 of the Monetary and Financial Code, the commitment to pay given by means of a payment card is irrevocable. By providing the information relating to his bank card, the Customer authorizes Rémy Cointreau to debit his bank card for the amount corresponding to the All Inclusive Price. In the event that the debit of the All-Inclusive Price is impossible, the Online Sale will be automatically canceled and the Customer will be informed.
- Delivery is by carrier to the address specified by the customer when confirming his order.
The Customer chooses a delivery address necessarily located in mainland France. The Customer is solely responsible for a defect or a delay in delivery due to a lack of indication or an error in entering information during the Order.
All costs incurred for the reshipment of the Order, due to an error in entering information by the Customer when placing the Order, will be the sole responsibility of the Customer.
Delivery times will be indicated to the Customer at the end of the Order process. In any event, the maximum delivery time, from the confirmation of the order, is 2 to 3 days depending on the availability of the products ordered.
- The customer is required to check the condition of the packages delivered to him and to express any reservations to the carrier on the receipt slip before signing.
In the event of reservations, even if they are clearly, precisely and completely indicated, they must be the subject, within three calendar days of delivery, of a written confirmation by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt to the Carrier. , in accordance with Article L 133-3 of the New Commercial Code.
In case of refusal of the package, the customer may, if he wishes, ask the Carrier to return the package, which must be accompanied by a "report of theft", of which the Customer will keep a copy. The Customer must also send a copy of this letter to the Seller. Failure to make a complaint within the aforementioned period and in accordance with the aforementioned methods extinguishes any action against the carrier and the Seller in accordance with article L. 133-3 of the Commercial Code.
Rémy Cointreau is only liable for direct and foreseeable damage. Rémy Cointreau cannot be held liable after delivery to the Customer, and without reservation on his part.
- In the event of late Delivery, the Order is not canceled. The Seller informs the Customer by email that the Delivery will be delayed.
In the event that the Order has not yet been shipped upon receipt by the Seller of the Customer's cancellation notice, the Delivery is blocked and the Customer is refunded any sums possibly debited within thirty days following receipt of the cancellation notice. In the event that the Order has already been shipped upon receipt by the Seller of the Customer's cancellation notice, the Customer may still cancel the Order by refusing the package. The Seller will then reimburse the sums debited and the return costs paid by the Customer within thirty days of receipt of the return of the refused package, complete and in its original condition.
6. Retention of title
Rémy Cointreau expressly reserves ownership of the Products subject to the sale, until full payment by the Customer of the price and its actual collection by Rémy Cointreau.
7. Right of withdrawal
- Orders are firm, final and not subject to modification or cancellation, except under the conditions set out in this article 7;
- The Customer has the right to withdraw from this contract without giving any reason within fourteen days of taking physical possession of the order by the Customer or a third party designated by the Customer. In the event that this period expires on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday, it is extended until the next working day.
As an exception, in accordance with article L.221-28 of the consumer code, when the products ordered are sealed, these products, once unsealed by the consumer after delivery, escape the right of withdrawal and cannot be returned for reasons hygiene or health protection.
Likewise, returned Products which have been opened or whose label has been damaged, which are incomplete, spoiled, damaged or soiled will not be taken back. Any Product that has undergone a transformation will not be refunded or exchanged.
- To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Customer must notify Rémy Cointreau, whose contact details are specified in the "Contact" article, of its decision to withdraw from this contract by means of an unambiguous declaration (for example, letter sent by post, fax or email) and must return the Products within the aforementioned period, in their original packaging, complete, new, it being specified that the return costs are the responsibility of the Customer.
- In the event of withdrawal from the Customer, Rémy Cointreau will reimburse all payments received, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs arising from the fact that the Customer has chosen, where applicable, a delivery method other than than the less expensive standard delivery method offered) upon recovery of the goods or until the Customer has provided proof of shipment of this goods, the date selected being that of the first of these facts. Rémy Cointreau will reimburse using the same means of payment as that used for the initial transaction, unless expressly agreed on a different means; in any case, this reimbursement will not cause any costs for the Customer other than the costs of return.
8. Claims and returns under guarantees
- Non-compliance with the Order
The Customer has a period of five (5) calendar days from the delivery of the Products to return non-compliant Products to Customer Service. Any non-conforming Product must be returned in its original, unsealed packaging, accompanied by a copy of the invoice and any other document provided.
The consumer will be reimbursed for the return postage at the latest within thirty days of receipt of the product by Rémy Cointreau.
- Return of defective products
In the event of defective products, the Customer must contact Customer Service at the coordinates referred to in the "Contact" article of these GTCS within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt of the Products, without neglecting, if necessary. possible recourse against the carrier.
The Seller is bound by the legal guarantee of conformity as defined in articles L. 217-4 et seq. Of the Consumer Code and by the guarantee against hidden defects defined in articles 1641 to 1649 of the Civil Code under the conditions provided by said texts. .
When acting as a legal guarantee of conformity, the Customer has a period of two (2) years from the delivery of the goods to act in accordance with Article L. 217-12 of the Consumer Code; he can choose between repair or replacement of the good, subject to the cost conditions provided for in Article L.217-9 of the Consumer Code. Pursuant to Article L. 217-7 of the Consumer Code, any lack of conformity that appears within twenty-four (24) months from the delivery of the goods are presumed to exist at the time of delivery, unless proven otherwise.
The legal guarantee of conformity applies independently of any commercial guarantee granted.
The Customer may decide to implement the warranty against hidden defects in the item sold within the meaning of Article 1641 of the Civil Code; in this case, he can choose between rescinding the sale or reducing the sale price in accordance with article 1644 of the Civil Code. Pursuant to article 1648 of the Civil Code, the Client has a period of two (2) years from the discovery of the defect to act. However, to be admissible, the action for latent defect must also be initiated within five (5) years of the sale.
10. Force majeure
Rémy Cointreau is entitled to cancel any order, and is in particular released from any obligation, in the event of force majeure or failure to meet the deadlines of its own suppliers or prime contractors, natural disasters, de facto prince, preventing, according to plan, either the manufacture or the delivery of supplies. In particular, the following are considered to be force majeure: strikes, fires, floods, equipment or tool accidents, pandemics, interruption of transport or any other modifications outside and within the company preventing the normal and planned execution of sales.
11. Intellectual property
All technical documents, products, drawings, photographs given to Customers remain the exclusive property of Rémy Cointreau, the sole holder of the intellectual property rights over these documents, and must be returned to it at its request.
The Customer undertakes not to make any use of these documents which may infringe the industrial or intellectual property rights of Rémy Cointreau and undertakes not to disclose them to any third party.
12. Dispute resolution - Mediation
Any dispute relating to the interpretation and execution of the GTCS is subject to French law.
In accordance with Articles L. 111-1, L. 612-1 and L. 616-1 of the Consumer Code, the Customer is informed that he can use a consumer mediator free of charge for the amicable resolution of the dispute. which opposes it to Rémy Cointreau after having tried to resolve the dispute with Rémy Cointreau by a written complaint.
In accordance with article L 616-2 of the Consumer Code, the Customer is also informed of the existence of the European platform for online dispute resolution at the address https://ec.europa.eu/consumers / odr and the possibility of using it to settle your dispute through an out-of-court dispute resolution entity.
13. Enforceability and modification of the GTC
Enforceability: The GTC are enforceable against the consumer who acknowledges, by checking a box provided for this purpose, to have been aware of them and to have accepted them without reservation before placing an order.
Nullity and Modification: The invalidity of a contractual clause does not entail the invalidity of the General Conditions of Sale.
Rémy Cointreau reserves the right to modify these General Conditions of Sale, it being understood that such modifications will not be applicable to orders placed prior to these modifications.
14. Competent court
Any dispute that could not have been settled amicably or by mediation will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
For any information, complaint or question relating to these general conditions of sale, the Customer can contact Rémy Cointreau Customer Service at the following coordinates:
- by email: email@example.com